Methodist House of Worship Purchased by Contractor
Walton, Ky., Dec. 26. - Wrecking crews have begun work of dismantling the old Methodist frame church adjoining the Walton common and graded school here. This house of worship, which was dedicated in 1885 was recently purchased by George P. Nicholson & Son, contractor.
The church, known as Wall's Chapel, in honor of John Murphy's grandfather, who donated the lot to the Methodists as long as it was used for church purposes, after which it was to revert to the heirs of the Murphy estate. It became too small for the current congregation and a new, handsome brick church with all modern equipment has been built at another site.