A station on the Louisville, Cincinnati, and Lexington Rail Road, [a.k.a. the L&N - ed.], located in the southeastern part of Boone County, 15 miles from Burlington, the county seat., and 89 miles from Louisville. Telegraph, Western Union. Express, Adams. Daily mail. Population 300.
Berry, T. J., hotel.
Cheltenham, Chris, blacksmith.
Curley, T. F. & Co., Boots and Shoes.
Fullilove, John H., general store.
Gregory, Mrs. F., millinery.
Konig, T. saloon.
Norman, Wm. L., General Store
This info is from the Kentucky State Gazetteer and Business Directory, published in 1876-77 by R. L. Polk in Louisville. Items in bold were bolded in the original