"The abandoned Stringtown School House" a two-story structure, situated on a lot contiguous to the Presbyterian church, looks down upon the traveler as he enters Stringtown from the north. As one looks upon the weather-scarred, but benign countenance of that venerable building. . .""Stringtown Grocery?" The grocery is almost centrally located, about one-half square from the postoffice, there it stands with its bulging windows, and paintless expression, but interesting nonetheless because of its history"
excerpted from a letter signed "Parson of Stringtown Church" that appeared in Springfield, Kentucky's News-Leader, December 3, 1903.