Walton Deposit Bank
The Walton Deposit Bank was established in 1890 with a capital stock of $25,000,which was increased later to $50,000, all paid up. Dr. D.M. Bagby is President; O. Percival, Vice President; R.C. Greene, Cashier. The bank building is a very commanding structure commodiously arranged for the special use assigned. Dr. Bagby is an ex-Confederate soldier, popular and public-spirited. He is also a director in the Walton Perpetual Building and Loan Association. He succeeded Dr. B.D. Allen as President of the bank. The Vice President, Mr. Percival, is a very prosperous and influential citizen and business man. R.C. Greene, the Cashier, was born in Grant Co., and reared in Kenton, and has filled the office of Cashier since inception of bank, being previous agent for C. & S. R.R. at Brock, Ky. Her married Miss Eleanor Southgate; they have one child--a daughter. Mr. C.C. Metcalf is the Assistant Cashier and succeeded Mr. C.E. Ford, now with the Fifth National Bank, Cincinnati. Mr. W.L. Rouse, a very worthy young man, is retained as Clerk and Bookkeeper.
from the 1903 historical edition of The Boone County Recorder