Walton Christian Church
The Walton Christian Church is in it's third building, at it's second location.
The first location was at what was then the end of High street “across from where Charlie Woods lived.” This building goes back to 1876, when the church had Rev. J. W. Beasley as it's pastor.
Rev. E. C. Lacy was the pastor when the church dedicated a large new brick building on May 5, 1918 on it's current location. It burned down on Thanksgiving Eve in 1947. The whole story is on the prior page.
The current building is the church re-built after the fire of 1947. It's on the foundation of the second church.