Methodist Episcopal Church, Augusta
|Catholic Church and
Parochial School, Augusta,
|St. Augustine's Catholic
Church, School, and
Parsonage, c. 1910
Thanks to Judy Cooper for this image
|Bishop Carrell laid the cornerstone for St. Augustine on May 29, 1859; the church was dedicated by Monsignor Thomas Butler on October 7, 1860.|
The Rev. Paul Ryan's History of the St. Augustine Church is here.
Interior of St. Augustine's
St. Augustine's Rev. B. Greifenkamp and his parsonage
|Presbyterian Church||Presbyterian Church and Manse||
St. Augustine Church
|“An excursion to Augusta, Bracken County, Kentucky - on the occasion of the dedication of the new church in that town - will take place on Sunday next, the 7th instant. Boats will leave Covington at six and a half o'clock, and Cincinnati at seven o'clock, precisely.” from the Cincinnati Daily Press, October 5, 1860|
|Three Churches, Augusta||River Scene and Catholic Parsonage|
|The home of Mrs. Albert Kennard was
the first Christian Church of Augusta,
established March 15, 1840. After 40
years on this site, a new building was
built on Fourth Street.
|Augusta Christian, built in 1888 on
a lot donated by Amanda Perrine
|Augusta Baptist Church
on Fourth Street.
|Thanks to Judy Cooper for these two images.|
Augusta A.M.E. Church
Thanks to Judy Cooper for the image.
Built as a white Methodist Church in 1834, it later became an African Methodist Episcopal Church,
until 1990, when it merged with the Augusta Trinity Methodist Church.
Augusta Baptist Church
|Augusta Christian Church||Augusta Churches, 1897|
Augusta Christian church was organized on March 14, 1840.