Farmers National Bank
The Farmers National Bank is the direct successor of the Deposit Bank of Allen, Harbeson & Co. This was the first bank organized in Bracken County and for a number of years it was the only one in the county.
The date of its organization was November 1, 1868 and through many years to the present time, it has held the public confidence. Through its safes and vaults have passed vast sums of money which had conducted the business of the community and its management has always been conservative and thoroughly satisfactory to its patrons.
In 1891 this bank under the same management became the Farmers National Bank, and it is the only national bank at the present time in the county. Its President, John M. Harbeson, has been identified with the institution ever since its organization.
From an 1897 edition of Headlight: Sights and Scenes Along the C. & O. Route which featured Augusta.