G. W. Given
The only exclusive clothing store in Bracken County is that of G. W. Given, in Augusta. This store opened in April, 1897, and already is doing a fine business. Mr. Given is a native of Augusta, born in 1874. When quite young, he moved to Fort Worth, Texas. He attended the Howard Payne College of Brownswood, Texas, and afterwards the Georgetown College of Kentucky. He entered Brownswood Business College, taking a course at that institution. In 1895 he returned to Augusta and became engaged in the dry goods business with P. B. Powers, continuing in that firm for three years.
Mr. Given is a member of the Order of Red Men, and enjoys the confidences an friendship of his associates. In his business he caries the best makes of boys' and men's clothing, boots, shoes, hats, caps, and furnishings. He has just received a full line of fall and winter clothing.
From an 1897 edition of Headlight: Sights and Scenes Along the C. & O. Route which featured Augusta.