The G. W. Moneyhon Co.
The G. W. Moneyhon firm was established in 1863 by Taylor & Moneyhon, and upon the death of Mr. Taylor in 1870, Mr. Moneyhon became the head of the firm, maintaining that position until the present time. This is the only lumber company in Bracken County. It manufactures all of its own goods from carefully selected timber dealing in all kinds of rough and dressed lumber, and carrying a large line of shingles, lath, flooring, doors, sash, blinds, frames, etc. In addition to this, the firm takes all kinds of building contracts and estimates are furnished upon application.
G. W. Moneyhon was born near Augusta in 1834, and was educated in the public schools. He was a member of the city council for seventeen years, and is now serving in his sixth year on the School Board. He is also a Mason, and belongs to the order of Red Men.
Chas. Moneyhon was born near Augusta in 1871 and attended the public schools. In 1894 he entered the firm of Moneyhon & Co. He is a member of the Masonic, Red Men, and K. of P. organizations.
From an 1897 edition of Headlight: Sights and Scenes Along the C. & O. Route which featured Augusta.