A post office in Bracken county, in the northern part of the State, situated on the North Fork of the Licking river, 11 miles from Brookville, the capital of the county, and 55 miles from Frankfort.
In the immediate vicinity is a Baptist church and school house, two general stores, one water flouring and grist mill, one water saw mill and carding machine, one physician, one magistrate, one blacksmith, one gunsmith, one plow maker, and a number of resident planters in the vicinity. Post office established in 1850.
Robert A. Struve, postmaster
|Asbury & Askin||water flouring and saw mill proprietors|
|Askin, D. C. & Bro.||general store|
|Kabler & Duncan||blacksmiths and plow makers|
|Kenedy, H.||carding machine proprietor|
|Moor & McMillan||physicians and surgeons|
|Rantt, W. H.||magistrate|
| Struve, R. A.
|| postmaster and general store
From George W. Hawes’ Kentucky State Gazetteer and Business Directory, for 1859 and 1860