|The Lubitorium||The Fort Theatre||Hiland Theatre
with Tea Room and Candy Store
| There's a Subway
there now, and it was at one time
home of the Busy Bee Bar. Note
the trolley tracks. Car believed
to be a 1932 Ford.
Donald Neumeister posted this
one on Facebook.
These days, the building
|The Highland Theatre opened on
August 3, 1927, and seated 750.
The first show was Senorita,
starring Bebe Daniels. It closed
in March of 1979.
Ft. Thomas Avenue at
Miller, c. 1905
|Ruth Pulsfort and George H.
Stegner inside the store
At the corner of Audubon Place and the Avenue
the remodeled store
in 1958 after a fire.
That's George H. Stegner, Ruth Pulsfort,
and George's wife Marie in the front;
Marge Jarvis and and Bill Wessel in the rear.
|A cookie display
inside the store.
George and Anna Scharold's Grocery,
1135 S. Fort Thomas Avenue
from a Facebook post by Cathy Martin
Busy Bee Carryout, 1934
|Inside the Clover Leaf Store, 1959
David Mahaney writes on Facebook: “The Clover Leaf Dairy
was at the top of Highland Ave on the South side right behind
the Highland Bank that was on the corner of Highland and S Ft
Thomas Aves. There also was a Clover Leaf Dairy on S Ft Thomas
Ave at the corner of Shawnee Ave. Just south of entrance to
the Army Post which is now Tower Park. Earlier, the The
Jersey Farms Dairy Store.”
Al Stegeman's Highland Auto Garage Co., left, 1923
Cadillac & Oldsmobile
later a roller rink; still later a Kroger; currently a Convenient Store/Bank parking lot
1501 Alexandria Pike, 1972
|E. D. Collins Motor Co.
Bivouac and Ft. Thomas Avenues
|Log Cabin Service Station
Floyd Prickett, Proprietor
Alexandria Pike (where
Moore's Home Improvement was)
|Dietrich's Club House,
The car on the right is a 1910 Reo, and
the one on the left a 1910 Packard.
|As demonstrated here, early post offices could be placed anywhere, and moved sometimes with each election and the patronage therefrom. This is Col. Egbert and Judge Newman's tobacco store, a couple of hundred feet north of the tower, and a US Post Office, among other things. More on Colonel Harry Clay Egbert.|
|Inside Fort Thomas's
|Fort Thomas Bellevue
|Fort Thomas Bellevue Bank, 1955.
The building opened on March 26, 1955.
Building & Loan
Midwest Gas, 2557 Alexandria Pike, Fort Thomas