The man who built this home was George R. Fearon. The land once belonged to James Taylor. Fearon was born in Dublin, came to Newport about 1838, was a tailor, was licensed to practice law, and later became a councilman and mayor of Newport, and a state legislature. The Fearon's sold the property to the Campbell County Protestant Children's Home on May 31, 1886.
The Campbell County Protestant Childrens' agency was formed in 1880, two parishioners of St. John's United Church of Christ in Newport, Bertha and John Schnedier. Bertha had been orphaned as a child in Cincinnati's 1840's tuberculosis epidemic. The group left Newport for Cold Spring in 1952, and in the process changed their name, to Holly Hill. No one's quite sure of the origins of the name.
The Children's Home later - 1951 - sold the Fearon Home to the Baptist Churches of the North Bend and Campbell County Associations, who bought it to begin a place to care for older church members. The first residences moved into The Baptist Home of Northern Kentucky on August 20, 1952.
excerpted from a history of the Baptist home by Iardella Lynch