Newport Mineral Water
The Newport Mineral Water Company was in business from 1887 to 1955, and bottled such drinks as lemon-lime, cream soda, sarsaparilla, root beer and Vichy water. It was the Woodberry and Bushmiller Mineral Water Co when it began, but changed its name in 1912. Its drinks were bottled in 6.5 ounce green or white bottles, and were the most popular drinks in Campbell County years ago. The company introduced “Mr. Newport” and “Thin,” in the new 12 ounce sizes in the fifties to try to compete with the national marketing of Coke and Pepsi, but it wasn’t to be.
For more, see Gene Franzen's piece in the Kentucky Enquirer of June 3, 2001, or Ken Reis' column in the Kentucky Post of October 14, 1991