George Dorne Confectioners
The Dorne Building was built in 1912. There are 2700 feet of floor space, used for the manufacturing of chewing gum. Mr. Dorne has been in the wholesale confectionary business since 1887. The Dorne Confectionary Company was formerly conducted in its infancy in one small room on Orchard Street. After a few years larger quarters were opened at 27 East Tenth Street. From there, to the new factory building which is now located at Ninth and Orchard Streets. The active business management is conducted by Mr. George Dorne and Son Ervin G. Dorne.
Picture and paragraph are both from the Pictorial and Industrial Review of Northern Kentucky, 1923