Cornerstone of Fort Thomas Church Placed
Ceremonies Were Conducted at St. Thomas Chapel
Ceremonies in connection with the laying of the cornerstone of the new St. Thomas school and chapel at Ft. Thomas, attracted a crowd Sunday. H. A. Klaine, as grand marshal, and his aids, Howard Riordan, and William Schmeidke, conducted the procession over the principal streets, to the location of the chapel and school. The Rev. M. J. Leick, who was pastor of the parish in 1900, laid the cornerstone, assisted by a number of priests from the Covington diocese. Rev. Henry Heringhouse delivered the sermon, which related largely to the history of the parish from 1902 to the present year. The present pastor is Rev. Otto Heffen. Dinner was served by the women of the parish.
from the Kentucky Times-Star, June 28, 1920