Also called Highlands, a postoffice in the northern part of Campbell county, 9 miles from Newport, the county seat, and nearest shipping point. It is 150 miles by river, or 101 miles by rail from Louisville. It was first settled in 1866. Stage to Newport and Alexandria. Daily mail. James Metcalfe, postmaster.
Deirring, Frank, hotel.
LeRoy, A.R., school teacher.
Metcalfe, James, hotel and general store.
Neu, J.A., hotel.
Telfer, Wm., school teacher.
This info is from the Kentucky State Gazetteer and Business Directory, published in 1876-77 by R. L. Polk in Louisville. Items in bold were bolded in the original