A postoffice in the northern part of Campbell county, 6 miles from Newport, the county seat, and 148 from Louisville. Ship to Canton [Kenton?], on the Kentucky Central R.R., 6 miles distant, or by river to Newport. This place was settled about 60 years ago. It has a weekly mail.
Deirring, Frank, hotel.
LeRoy, A.R., school teacher.
Metcalfe, James, hotel and general store.
Neu, J.A., hotel.
Telfer, Wm., school teacher.
This info is from the Kentucky State Gazetteer and Business Directory, published in 1876-77 by R. L. Polk in Louisville. Items in bold were bolded in the original