A station on the Louisville, Cincinnati & Lexington R.R., 58 miles from Louisville. It is situated on Eagle creek, in the eastern part of Carroll county, and is 10 miles from Carrollton, the county seat. It was first settled 6 years ago, and numbers about 60 inhabitants. Express, Adams. Daily mail. W.R. Duvall, postmaster.
Duvall & Bro., General Store.
Johnston, Thomas, railroad and express agents.
McDormet, J., druggist.
Nichols, Thomas, physician.
Olkin, J.R., physician.
Sams & Roberts, general store.
Sheets, Lewis, hotel.
This info is from the Kentucky State Gazetteer and Business Directory, published in 1876-77 by R. L. Polk in Louisville.