A village containing about 300 inhabitants, settled in 1800, incorporated in 1872, and situated on the Ohio and Kentucky rivers, in the northern part of Carroll county, on the opposite bank of the Kentucky river from Carrollton, the county seat, of which it may be called a suburb, and where it receives mail, the postoffice which was here formerly having been discontinued. It is nine miles from Worthville, its nearest shipping point by rail, and 62 from Louisville. Hogs, tobacco, cattle and whisky are the principal exports. The nearest stage line is from Carrollton to Worthville.
Bell, W.C. & Co., grocers.
Bradshears, Charles L., general store.
Collyer & Bro., grocers.
Darling, Andrew W., distillery and flouring mill.
Darling, W.C. & Co., General Store.
Ellson, Bland B., justice of the peace.
Hafford, E., steam saw mill.
Krutzer, Harman, blacksmith.
Nye, B.A., town marshal.
Nye, Stephen H., hotel and saloon.
Rutherford, W.C., Blacksmith.
Smith, Elias H., hotel and bowling alley.
This info is from the Kentucky State Gazetteer and Business Directory, published in 1876-77 by R. L. Polk in Louisville.