Second Baptist Church
Pastor S. T. Robinson was a pastor in Ghent.
|The Second Baptist Church, Carrollton, Kentucky, was organized April, 1872, in the basement of the white Baptist Church--their first worshipping place. Under the leadership of Rev. S.P. Lewis, we moved to the present location and erected the present building. The deacons were: Oscar Bradford, Smith Reed, Alley Clay, and James W. Harris. Among the pioneer members of our church are James W. Harris' families. Brother Harris is still active at the age of ninety-four years. Some of the pastors who served were: Revs. Flora, H.L. Buckman, L.R. Hyatt, H.C. Woolfork, M.H. Ghant, J.L. Roberts--the present pastor. Present deacons are: James W. Harris, Perry Harris, and John Sanders. This church has served as a soul-saving station through the years and is making progress under our present pastor.|
from Diamond Jubilee: General Association of Colored Baptists in Kentucky, 1943.