Worthville Church Dedication
A number of Carrolltonians went to Worthville last Sunday to witness the dedication of the new church. There was an immense crowd. The ceremonies were conducted by Rev. C. W. Miller, of Cynthiana, and Prof. Abbett of Carrollton. Mr. Miller preached the dedication sermon, which was one of marked ability. A collection was taken up to help towards defraying the building expenses, and, we learn, that about $300 was raised.
This item, from the Carrollton Democrat of Saturday. October 22, 1870, neglected to mention which church was being dedicate.