Warsaw Deposit Bank
A Conservative Flourishing Institution – A Reliably Established Financial House, Which Is As Solid as a Rock
If conservatism is desired in one business more than another, it is in that business which more than all the others has to do with that actual handling, investing, and safekeeping of monied interest. A sound, substantial bank is a convenience and a necessity in the current course of trade, and this is what we have in Warsaw; a bank managed by gentlemen of good repute, financial solidity and unquestioned honor. It projectors and owners are all favorably and well known to our people, and the Independent finds the affairs of the Warsaw Deposit Bank in a most creditable position. This bank has been running for nearly twenty-three years, has passed through two panics, always carrying a reserve double the requirements of the law, and never in its existence rediscounted a single piece of paper or been embarrassed in the slightest degree, and its losses have only been $183 in all these years. There is not a bank in the United States or the world that can beat this record. Managed with such care and judgment it is no wonder that among its patrons are to be found the substantial and thrifty people of Warsaw and vicinity, for they know that their money will be safely kept and returned upon demand at any time. The bank was organized in 1875, and commenced business on the 15th day of May of that year. The original stockholders were R. J. Abbott, John A. Gex, Hugh Montgomery, J. H. McDanell, Rod Perry, Florian Cox, Simon Beymer, Lem Bledsoe, Col. J. J. Landrum, and W. L. Richards. H. J. Abbott was the first President and Florian Cox Cashier. The present officers are: J.H. McDanell, President; High Montgomery, Vice-President; and J. E. Mountjoy, cashier. The directors are J. H. McDanell, Hugh Montgomery, John A. Gex, F. Cox, Rod Perry, Lem Bledsoe and Simon Beymer. Such men as the above give the utmost confidence and strength. They are well-known in this part of the state as men of undoubted financial ability and high honor, and with men such as these the welfare of the patrons and depositors of this bank have no fear but that its affairs will be conducted on the highest and safest business principles. Mr. James E. Mountjoy, the cashier since 1892, gives the business his undivided attention, and in his hands we are assured that the same high standards of management will continue in the future as it has in the past.
from the Warsaw Independent, January 22,