The Brown Hotel
The Brown Hotel occupied the southwest corner of Main Cross and US 42 in Warsaw from when it was built - 1835 - to the day in burned down -November 21, 1985. It was originally built as a grocery and a residence by John R. Brown. His grandson ran it as a photo studio, and for a while it was an ice cream parlor. Bruce Meyers bought it and turned it into a hotel shortly after the opening of US 42 was established in 1929. From 1949 and 1952 it was run by Gilbert and Edith Wood.