A station on the L., C. & L. R.R., situated on Eagle creek, in the southern part of Gallatin county, 8 miles from Warsaw, the county seat, and 65 from Louisville. It contains a flouring mill, Union church, and a school, called Sparta Institute. The exports are tobacco and stock. Stage to Owenton and Warsaw. Telegraph, Western Union. Express, Adams. Daily mail. Population 50. F. Cox, postmaster.
Alsope, L., telegraph operator.
Berry, J.T., & A.D. Mason, hotel.
Cox, F., Express and Station Agent.
Hixson, J.O., & H. Winn, general store.
Lindsay, W.A., Physician.
Smith, Prof. H.C., principal of school.
Turley, B.G., general store.
Wanyo, A.S., hotel.
Young, Rev. J.H. (methodist south).
This info is from the Kentucky State Gazetteer and Business Directory, published in 1876-77 by R. L. Polk in Louisville.