A small village in the northern part of Grant county, 4 miles from Williamstown, the county seat. It contains a steam grist and saw mill, 2 churches, baptist and methodist, and a public school.
Hume, W. Jasper, General Store.
Hume, & Kinslaer, leaf tobacco.
Jackson, John, harnessmaker.
Hutchinson, J.W., hotel.
McPherson, John A., Leaf Tobacco.
Skervin, A., general store.
This info is from the Kentucky State Gazetteer and Business Directory, published in 1876-77 by R. L. Polk in Louisville.