A station on the Louisville, Cincinnati & Lexington R.R., located on Ten Mile creek, in the western part of Grant county, 17 miles from Williamstown, the county seat, and 75 from Louisville. Cattle, hogs and tobacco are shipped from here. Telegraph, Western Union. Express, Adams. Daily mail. Population 25.
Arnold, Rev. J.M., (baptist).
Burkhardt, William, magistrate.
Elliston, James D., magistrate.
Elliston, W.P., general store.
Ford, John, hotel and druggist.
McBee, J.W., blacksmith.
Southward, Mrs. M.A., general store.
Thompson, A.M., physician.
Williams, Arthur J., Postmaster, Telegraph and Express Agent.
This info is from the Kentucky State Gazetteer and Business Directory, published in 1876-77 by R. L. Polk in Louisville.