Here's where it was. This entire Covington map is
The race track opened on July 9, 1883.
|looking southerly||looking west||looking north|
|1922 Aerial Views of Latonia, from the Facebook page of Memories of Latonia, via Dutch Johnson|
|The Grand Stand on
| Latonia Derby
the Latonia Derby
The Latonia Race Track was open from 1883 thru 1939.
|The Judges' Stands at the Home Stretch||The Judges Stand, from the back||The Judges Stand, from the stands|
|Judges were there because we're in the days before the “photo-finish” was implemented. Most horse tracks didn't have the equipment until the late 1940's, if then.|
|Club House and Judges Stand||The Judges' Stands at the Home Stretch|