A small settlement of about 50 inhabitants, in the southwestern part of Kenton county. It is a station of the Louisville, Cincinnati and Lexington R.R., 15 miles from Covington, the county seat, and 95 miles from Louisville. It was first settled about 1800. Express, Adams. Daily mail. Z. Herndon, postmaster.
Herndon, Z., general store, express and station agent.
This info is from the Kentucky State Gazetteer and Business Directory, published in 1876-77 by R. L. Polk in Louisville.