A village and station on the Louisville, Cincinnati & Lexington railroad, 97 miles from Louisville, and 11 miles from Covington, settled in 1839, incorporated in 1840, and located in the western part of Kenton county, of which it is nominally the county seat, although the record of conveyances of property is kept at Covington, and the terms of the chief courts held there. It contains a court-house, Catholic church, and public school. Daily mail. Population 250. William A. Bryson, postmaster.
Bagby, M.G., general store.
Bryson & Son, Grocers.
Cain, C.W., general store.
This info is from the Kentucky State Gazetteer and Business Directory, published in 1876-77 by R. L. Polk in Louisville.