A city of 1,200 inhabitants, settled in 1844, and incorporated in 1864, situated on the Ohio river, in the northeastern part of Kenton county, 1 mile from Covington, the county seat, and 148 miles by river from Louisville. It is on the line of the projected Cincinnati Southern R.R. Stage to Covington and Hebron. Tri-weekly mail. L.D. Smith, postmaster.
Bamsfather, James, physician.
Bently M. & Sons, liquor dealers.
Braun, Nicholas, restaurant.
Cundy, Rev. Thos., (Methodist).
Dalton, W.D., Grocer.
Evans, Israel, physician.
Grabner, Marine, huckster.
Haggarty, Oscar, Lawyer.
Hankins & Co., coal dealers.
Harwood, C.M., brick mould mnfr.
Hay, W.B., plane factory.
Hinman, Russell, civil engineer C.S. R'y.
Johns, D.Y., painter.
Kellogg, Frank, civil engineer C.S. R'y.
Leonard, Thomas, confectioner.
Masten, J.H., inspector C.S. R'y.
Oschner, Nicholas, Cracker Mnfr.
Ryan, W.J., carpenter.
Slaick, Wm., meat market.
Smith, L.D., General Store.
Stahl, Hugo, druggist.
Steen, Rev. F.A.M., (Presbyterian).
Wesner, John, shoemaker.
Wiley, Robert, bricklayer.
This info is from the Kentucky State Gazetteer and Business Directory, published in 1876-77 by R. L. Polk in Louisville.