A small village situated on Licking river, in the northern part of Kenton county, 5 miles from Independence, the county seat. It is a station on the K.C.R.R., 13 miles from Covington, and 123 from Louisville, and contains a saw and grist mill, Methodist church and common school. Country produce is shipped. Daily mail. John M. Mendenhall, postmaster.
[no merchants listed]
This info is from the Kentucky State Gazetteer and Business Directory, published in 1876-77 by R. L. Polk in Louisville.