Ludlow Springs Hobo Club
The Ludlow Springs Hobo Club was formed in 1965 and disbanded in 2003, its membership having dwindled to 30 or so from a high of 350 to 400 members. It's club was located on the west wide of the Southern RR Bridge, and was named for a spring in that area. (The spring is reputed to have been one of only two springs that became a source of fresh water for Ludlow during the flood of 1937. The other spring was near Prisoner's Lake in Devou Park.) In earlier years, the spring had been a meeting place for real hobos, but the Ludlow Springs Hobo Club consisted of prominent Ludlow men - think of it more like a Lion's Club or a Masonic lodge.