First Baptist Church
Following Rev. Price as pastor was Rev. William Blackburn and others, including Rev. F.C. Locust, its present pastor, and who rebuilt it in 1916 and moved it from 13th Street to its present location on Ninth Street between Scott and Greenup.
During Rev. Locust's 32 years of pastorate, besides purchasing more than $65,000.00 worth of church property, including a $9,000 parsonage, janitor's house, and other properties, he received more than 3,400 members, baptized 1,100, married over 900 people and attended more than 1,600 funerals.
The First Baptist Church, by God's amazing grace, is one of the outstanding churches of the state and the Baptist denomination in Kentucky.
Rev. Frank Carter Locust, B.Th., D.D., was born in Scott County, Ky., October 24, 1882, received such education as the county schools afforded, finally making his way to Simmons University, at Louisville, Ky., where he graduated from that institution.
He was converted by Dr. Wyatt, in the Antioch Baptist Church at Cincinnati, Ohio, licensed and ordained by that church, and has been pastoring the First Baptist Church of Covington, Ky., for the past 32 years.
This information is from Golden Jubilee: General Association of Colored Baptists in Kentucky, 1943