Services began in March of 1907 in Bird's Hall on Main Street, buy the Pastor, Rev. Wm. Echelmeier. They named the church that November, and formally organized by establishing their first church council on January 18, 1908. The building was authorized that February. Covington's George W. Schofield was the architect, and J. D. Yelton was the contractor.
The cornerstone was laid on August 16, 1908, followed by a dedication service on March 14, 1909.
In 1955-56 serious remodeling went on to change to appearance of the church to it's current look, and numerous out-properties were purchased, to provide additional parking.
Information taken from the Fiftieth Anniversary Booklet the Church published in 1958