An incorporated village, situated on the Kentucky River in the southwestern part of Owen County, 9 miles from Owenton, the county seat, and 92 from Louisville. It's nearest shipping point is Sparta, 21 miles distant. It contains a flouring mill, two churches and a public school. Shipments: tobacco, hogs, and corn. Settled in 1850, incorporated in 1861. Population 75. Mail is received four times per week. Wm. R. Minish, postmaster
Dupuy, Joseph, physician
Gibson, J. B., General Store.
Giles, L. W., dealer in leaf tobacco.
Gully, J. W., Physician.
Humphrey, Rev. C. M., (Baptist).
Jones, Joseph M., carpenter.
Leitch, Anthony W., Hotel.
Riley, Rev. C. M., (Baptist).
Searcy, Geo., blacksmith.
Sewell, L. W. & Co. millers.
Suter, James A., general store.
Vanderin, James, druggist.
Wightman, P. B., physician
This info is from the Kentucky State Gazetteer and Business Directory, published in 1876-77 by R. L. Polk in Louisville. Items in bold were bolded in the original