Falmouth Baptist Church
The Falmouth Church, for seventy five years called the Forks of the Licking was constituted June, 1795, and was gathered by Alexander Monroe, who came from Virginia to Kentucky in 1789. He was the first pastor and served about 30 years. The new church united with the Elkhorn Association the following August, and remained a member, but in 1803, it went into the constitution of the North Bend [Association], and in 1817 it became a member of the Union Association. In 1872 the name of the church was changed from Forks of the Licking to Falmouth, and in 1880 it numbered one hundred and sixty three members. The church has had a large number of short pastorates. Falmouth is the county seat of Pendleton County. The Falmouth Church reported to the Union Association four hundred and ten members in 1947 and Mr. M. P. Dulaney, Jr., pastor for full time, who was succeeded by Carl Sears in 1948.
from Frank M. Masters A History of Baptists in Kentucky, 1953, published by the Kentucky Baptist Historical Society. Perspective on how far this church goes back, here.