Held's Bike & Jewelry Store
One of the leaders in the advance guard of Falmouth’s large, enterprising and successful mercantile establishments is the jewelry and bicycle house owned by Mr. Charles F. Held. The history of the business over which our subject presides dates back to the year 1869, when his father located here and laid the foundation of what is now one of the stable concerns of our community. The location has never been changed, but a new and commodious building erected in 1897 now occupies he site of the first quarters. The space now occupied by Mr. Held comprises two rooms 55x22 and another room 22x71 and also a rear wareroom 20x40 feet. The stock includes furniture, carpets, rugs, oilcloth, musical instruments, pocket cutlery, fishing tackle, watches, clocks, jewelry, and bicycles. In the jewelry department he is ably assisted by his son George, aged 18, who is an expert optician, as well as watchmaker and engraver. Mr. Held is a prominent member of the K.P. He is Major on the Brig. Gen staff H.R.K.P. He has a wife, and two children.
from an L&N Publication, Headlight, circa 1898.