A village on Licking river, in the southern portion of Pendleton county, and a station of the Kentucky Central R.R. It is 8 miles south of Falmouth, the county seat. Population 200. Lumber, corn and hay are shipped from this place, and Adams Express Co. have an office here. Daily mail. J.W. Hall, postmaster.
Anderson, O.M., hotel.
Barton, S.M., teacher.
Best, Thomas, flouring mill.
Edwards, T.J., physician.
Hall, J.W., General Store, Railroad and Express Agent.
Licking River Lumber and Mining Company, general store.
From the Kentucky State Gazetteer and Business Directory, published in 1876-77 by R. L. Polk in Louisville. Items in bold were bolded in the original