A station of the Kentucky Central railroad, located about the center of Pendleton county, 4 miles from Falmouth, the county seat, 64 miles from Lexington, and 146 miles from Louisville. The settlement here was formed in 1856, is situated on Licking river, and has a population of 100. The chief shipment from this place is tobacco. Express, Adams. Daily mail. Henry T. Morten, postmaster.
Hobbs, Carnes & Co., general store and dealers in leaf tobacco.
Hughes, James T., saloon.
Morten Brothers, General Store, and Dealers in Leaf Tobacco.
Thompson, Rev. Henry P. (Presbyterian).
From the Kentucky State Gazetteer and Business Directory, published in 1876-77 by R. L. Polk in Louisville. Items in bold were bolded in the original