A place of about 50 inhabitants, settled in the northwestern part of Pendleton county, 16 miles from Falmouth, the county seat, 100 miles from Louisville and 6 miles from DeMossville, on the Kentucky Central R.R., its nearest shipping point. Tobacco, hogs and corn are the principal shipments from here. Tri-weekly mail. F. Helmich, postmaster.
Fish, W.H., physician.
Helmich, F., General Store.
Hightower, T.B., general store.
Hopper, J.P., blacksmith.
Jansen, B., Blacksmith.
Linder, J.F., wagonmaker.
From the Kentucky State Gazetteer and Business Directory, published in 1876-77 by R. L. Polk in Louisville. Items in bold were bolded in the original