A village of 150 inhabitants, settled in 1825 and located in the western part of Pendleton County, 14 miles from Falmouth, the county seat, 10 from De Mossville, on the Kentucky Central R. R., its nearest shipping point, and 145 by rail from Louisville.  It contains a steam flouring mill, two churches, Christian and Baptist, and a public school.  There are five lodges which hold their meetings here – Masonic, Odd Fellows, Good Templars, Temple of Honor and a range.  Live stock and tobacco are the principal shipments from here.  Weekly mail. Lewis Helmick, postmaster.  

Business Directory

Ashcroft, A. P., blacksmith
Cram, F. M, Dry Goods
Daugherty, H. E., Dry Goods
Hegar, John, Shoemaker
Morris, Austin, Miller
Roacher, F., Grocer and hotel
Scott, J. T., Physician
Wolf, Wm., blacksmith


From the Kentucky State Gazetteer and Business Directory, published in 1876-77 by R. L. Polk in Louisville. Items in bold were bolded in the original