A small village with a population of 25, situated on the north fork of Licking river, in the southern part of Pendleton county, 4 miles from Falmouth, the county seat. It is a station of the Kentucky Central railroad, 56 miles from Lexington, and 150 miles from Louisville. It ships flour, meal and corn. Daily mail. C.C. Cockerill, postmaster.
Cockerill, C.C., General Store
Knox, C. (col'd), teacher.
Stewart, R.H., teacher.
Watson, L.B., miller.
From the Kentucky State Gazetteer and Business Directory, published in 1876-77 by R. L. Polk in Louisville. Items in bold were bolded in the original