A post office in Bracken county, situated on the North Fork of Licking River, nine miles from Brooksville, the capital of the county, 50 miles east north-east from Frankfort, and about 55 miles southeast of Covington. The village contains two stores, one District School, two churches in the vicinity, one hotel, two carpenters, one blacksmith, one brick and three tone masons. Post office established in Feb. 1858 Joseph L. Galbraith, postmaster

Business Directory

Berry, B planter
Bow, B. H. carpenter and builder
Deterick, G. A. carpenter and builder
Galbraith, Jos. L. general merchant
Galbraith, Joseph L. postmaster
Galbraith, Thomas painter
Hannah, James L. stone and brick mason
Hanson, John hotel proprietor
Hester, J. K. stone mason
Linvill, John R. planter
Miller, A. S. blacksmith
Mitchell, E. stone mason
Orme, E. stone and brick mason
Parker, Rev. Wm. Methodist Episc.
Sallie, Rev. Wm. T. Christian
Streeve, H. T. general store
Thompson, G. H. B. planter
Thompson, G. L. planter



From George W. Hawes’ Kentucky State Gazetteer and Business Directory, for 1859 and 1860